Cumberland Lusitana Premier (CLP) United, within CYSA, was formerly known as CSP United and is truly a cost-effective club atmosphere geared towards the players. This program is for players and coaches who are passionate about soccer and are considered to be performing at the elite or premier level within our organization. The goal is to populate well-developed teams with a minimum of two coaches. These coaches are expected to provide advanced level coaching to our athletes. These teams will ideally, but not solely, be comprised of a single age group of athletes (by birth year). Teams must have the appropriate quantity, quality and dedication of athletes in order to compete at the CLP level of competition. The CLP teams typically compete in the New England Club Soccer League (NECSL) for outdoor sessions and have well represented over the years.
A player must attend tryouts for their age group (by birth year) prior to trying out for a higher age group. A player may only “play up” on a higher age group team after review and concurrence of the CYSA CLP Director, President and Vice President. The decision will NOT be based on ANY other criteria besides the skills, abilities of the athlete, and what team the athlete was on the previous year.
Coaches at this level should have US Soccer certification. Coaches must be high energy and extremely knowledgeable of the game of soccer. The CLP United Program starts at U8.
Tryouts first two weeks of June.
Practices start mid-August.
League play starts in September for teams other than high school ages.
Anticipated Included Structure But Subject to Change:
- 4 sessions: Fall, 2 Winter (at least one futsal), Spring.
- U9 plays 7v7. This can vary indoors based on facility rules/league/tourney.
- U10 plays 7v7. This can vary indoors based on facility rules/league/tourney.
- U11 plays 9v9. This can vary indoors based on facility rules/league/tourney.
- U12 plays 9v9. This can vary indoors based on facility rules/league/tourney.
- U13+ plays 11v11. This can vary indoors based on facility rules/league/tourney.
- At least 2 practices per week outdoors in Fall.
- At least 1 practice per week indoors in Winter.
- At least 2 practices per week outdoors in Spring.
- Goalkeeper training.
- Practice kit including two practice shirts and additional top.
- Bag included in uniform kit.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST:
Uniform kit including home & away top, home & away shorts, home & away socks included.
Training budget, determined by CLP Director, for coach to utilize throughout year.
Tournament budget, determined by CLP Director, for coach to utilize throughout year, which usually covers 2-3 tournaments.
Total cost will be provided within registration link. Cost will be divided up into affordable monthly payments. Financial aid is available, and form must be sent to CLP Director for consideration. CLP United cost does not include registration for the Fall recreational program, but CLP players are encouraged to participate in our recreational program.